Mt Weeks from the east?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srhigham

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to reach Mt. Weeks by bushwhacking from Kilkenny Loop Rd aka Bog Dam Road? If so, how did it go?

Steve H.

hello steve. I have not attempted it yet, but I have a route planned out for south weeks and will be attempting as soon as weather gets a little cooler and deer flies have subsided

d&d

As I mentioned yesterday, I did it from Bog Dam Road, up the FS road and into the North/Middle col. July 2009. It's the obvious road on the maps, there's a decent spot to park just south of there. Eventually the road peters out and we stayed fairly close to the brook bed. Other than some dense stuff near the top it's pretty good. The tricky part is finding the road back on the way out. If you're working on the NEHH I wouldn't say it's a good first bushwhack but it's nice gentle practice for the Maine peaks once you've got the basic skills down.

I only describe it in this level of detail because frankly I think it's an obvious route! I ask that anybody attempting it please take it in the spirit of off-trail travel and refrain from marking it or making any sort of permanent route.