Zachary Porter. "RED-LINER" #25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
This from Hiker Ed:

# # #

Hi to All

On Thursday, July 16, 2015, Zachary Porter became the
"TWENTY FIFTH" ( #25 ) person to "RED-LINE" all the trails in the "AMC
White Mountain Guide" ( 29TH Edition ).

Zachary has now walked every trail in the AMC White Mouintain Guide.

Zachary's finish was on the Presidential Rail Trail from Randolph East
to Appalachia.

Zachary was joined on this day by a small complement of friends and
well wishers.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ZACHARY!!!!!!!!

I know you will all join me in congratulations to Zachary on his completion
of this fun & rewarding goal & achievement.

Thanks,

And, Take Care

Ed

"GRID" website: www.48x12.com

# # #

All the best,

Brian

Congratulations!

That is an accomplishment and demands a strong commitment. It can be a slightly moving target ... I started an informal redlining process with the 25th edition and I bet there are some who started with an earlier edition, not that they change that much. By "informal" I mean that I'm not out to do all of 'em but do keep track on an old DeLorme wall map and whenever we're doing a hike in the Whites (and a few other places), we often aim for something not already redlined. If a trail is not on that map, as with some relocations, well, we just draw it in.

I'm aware of the organized 4000 footer and 100 highest clubs, completed both over 15 years ago, but am not familiar with a redlining club and what the rules are. Strikes me that there must be more than 25 people who've accomplished it. Most importantly, when's the annual award party!?

I'm aware of the organized 4000 footer and 100 highest clubs, completed both over 15 years ago, but am not familiar with a redlining club and what the rules are. Strikes me that there must be more than 25 people who've accomplished it.

As with many/all lists, many complete for their own agenda and don't follow through with the paperwork. I doubt there are many in this category that don't take the next step into "officialdom", but there are probably some.

Similar to you, I started keeping track a long time ago (decades) as a way to just see something different (which was one of the original ideas behind the 4Ks to begin with). I'll try to take a different route if possible, but I'm not a prisoner to it. Also, it's something I sincerely doubt I'll finish as there are several >1/2 mile stretches that would require me to hike many miles to get to. I fell into 'redlining' (mine's black, I use different colors for dogs) by accident, so I do wish I started out of the gate with that in mind...

I use the Delorme wall map, too, as it gives a good visual of "damn, I've been all over the place"...