Anyone Using Canon G16?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to buy an adapter that attaches to the grooves that are exposed when you remove the ring. It's basically a tube that extends out past the point of the fully extended lens. You can screw on filters, or attach accessory lenses (telephoto or wide angle) add capability to your camera. I've used these on my Canon S3 to add filters, but I don't want to increase the size of this camera so I haven't bothered to get one for the G16.

Changing certain settings may require that you be in modes other than Auto. You lose control over a lot of the settings in Auto mode. I'll check my camera tonight to see if continuous focus is one of those. Battery life has been pretty good for me, but I don't use the LCD when taking photos.

I am about to put my new Cannon G16 thru some paces on a hike 2morrow. Already made me smile as it takes up a lot less space and weights substantially less than D810 in my pack!

First impressions are pretty darn good. I took a few pics yesterday on Cabot, Horn, and Lost Pond. This am I put them on my laptop and was very impressed with the clarity. Images were solid and the exposure compensation dial is soooo easy to use; loved it! For under $400 this a hell of a camera offering a lot of control for a P&S.

I wanted to add: I took the G16 to a 5 day Ocean City, MD trip. Outdoor this camera continues to impress. Solid color rendition and damn good clarity. Indoor, restaurant type lighting (I often take images of food or cool menu as part of documenting a trip) the camera will perform, but it is much more dependent upon YOU to work the exposure and ISO. But, in scene mode, beach walk in pretty moon-less night darkness, with bright lights on boardwalk, the exposure in auto mode was impressive. Certainly not going to stand up to a Nikon D810 or a Cannon 5 but for $375 it's a lot of camera.

Changing certain settings may require that you be in modes other than Auto. You lose control over a lot of the settings in Auto mode. I'll check my camera tonight to see if continuous focus is one of those. Battery life has been pretty good for me, but I don't use the LCD when taking photos.
I had no problems changing the continuous focus setting to only when taking pictures in P mode, but I forgot to try it in full Auto. Were you able to find the menu setting?