23 Most Intense Hikes in America

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
http://places.findthehome.com/stories/5226/most-intense-hikes-america

Meh. This appears arbitrary and is probably designed to get website traffic for home sales, but here it is anyway. Some cool northeast hikes on here. IMO, the Barr Trail on Pike's Peak, although a great route, does not deserve the ranking of one of the "most intense hikes in America." Not much info on each hike.

There are some standard representative hikes from the northeast, some you could guess.

Probably neither in the Smokies either, although I went up a different route to Leconte. How did they arrive at the Hunt and not the Helon Taylor & Knife Edge with a return down Cathedral so you could see Chimney Pond?

Assume some that would be considered mountaineering and not hiking by the intended audience were left off. (No Gannett, Long's Peak or Hood and only up to Camp Muir on Rainier. I know when I was looking to do some CA hiking, White Mtn made my list as it is a pretty easy walk up, outside of the thin air of course.) Surprised they did noy pick Mt. Charleston outside of Vegas to generate more travel there. It's almost 11K and not too far from the Strip. (says the guy who drives to BSP & back)