Cabot / Horn / Bulge August 9 2015

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BISCUT

Reaction score
Made the trip to Cabot a little earlier this time! Left my house at 315am and was at the fish hatchery gate just before 800am. Hit the Bunnel Notch trail to Killkenny trail. Weather was beautiful despite the possible thunderstorms and showers. Needless to say, they never came in and the sun burnt off some of the cloud cover. Summit of Cabot was decent for a wooded summit. After Cabot I stayed on Killkenny and hit the Horn and Bulge. Horn was pretty cool. I continued on Killkenny to the Lost Pond trail. Lost Pond was awesome. The sun was perfect off the water, mirroring the clouds and trees. I was able to get some pretty nice photos of the pond.

Lost Pond trail I found on the booooring side. I have to admit I was a little tired and my legs were feeling it by then. 3.3 miles felt like an eternity. The first mile from Killkenny toward York Pond Road was in serious need of trail maintenance. Fern growth was craaaazy! Kept getting my hiking poles stuck on em! :eek:

I really did enjoy the hike though. Even though it was Sunday I only saw 2 groups of 2 and 1 group of 3. Not a single person from the Horn thru Killkenny and Lost Pond trails. Love the remoteness.