York Pond to Jefferson by bike?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubahhh

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether it's feasible to ride from the hatchery to Jefferson via York Pond Rd., Bog Dam Rd., Pond of Safety Trail, Stag Hollow Rd., and Ingerson Rd.?

Pond of Safety (road or trail, depending on the map) from Bog Dam Rd. To the pond is the part that has me wondering...

I'm thinking about leaving my car at the hatchery, riding to the other end, and walking back via the Cohos Trail.

If not by way of Pond of Safety, any other ideas? By way of Berlin is out; Groveton and a shortcut via Lost Nation Rd. doesn't sound much better, nor does Town Garage Rd.

Thanks for the help... And telling me I'm stoopid if it ain't gonna work counts as help!

I looked on Strava.com and cannot find a connection there between Pond of Safety and Bog Dam Road. There are segments for Pond of Safety so appears to be ridden (mountain bike, I am guessing).

Tim

The continuation of the 'road' north beyond Pond of Safety is a good solid old log road up to the height of land before dipping in towards the Bog Dam drainage. Once you start a long downhill it quickly becomes less of a road and is a snowmachine trail that is really wet when not froze (snowmobile Corridor 11). It basically parallels Bog Dam Road (East side of loop) but in a ways from the road with no obvious connectors between except if you know the area. I used to groom the trail in winter and only once hiked a loop out of Ice Gulch/Hunters Pass, up said 'trail', over Carlton Notch, and down Jimtown Rd to Gorham. Nice walk, especially amusing to run into wardens I know above Pond of Safety.
With all that said, mucky trail that would not be fun for mt. biking- especially with all the rain we have had in North Country.