WMNF Camping Grounds Site Availability After Labor Day

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that Labor day has passed and school has started, does anybody have a feeling what the typical campsite availability is on weekends for Hancock, Blueberry, or the other campgrounds (but especially Hancock)

If it matters, I just plan to arrive late on Fridays and stay that one night.

Will they still be packed for the next few weekends?

TIA,
Bill

I wonder if you call the White Mountain Visitor Center in Lincoln if they would have an idea? They have that lit-up sign at the exit that shows campground availability. I wonder if they keep records?

I've found it much easier after Labor day. It's been a while for Hancock for me but have had no probably getting a site at Sugarloaf I or II after Labor Day. Even on a Saturday.

FYI I got the last site at 1130pm this past Friday and it was full Saturday night, even with a light drizzle. I will probably try again this weekend. Kind of funny coming out of the bivy bag and into the light in the morning with office casual clothing, but it could have been worse....

FYI I got the last site at 1130pm this past Friday and it was full Saturday night, even with a light drizzle. I will probably try again this weekend. Kind of funny coming out of the bivy bag and into the light in the morning with office casual clothing, but it could have been worse....
highland games this weekend, try somewhere else.

As Dave said, it is still busy.

This Friday Hancock and Big Rock were full. But Pasconoway 1-11 loop only had 3-4 sites used. Go for site 1 ...its a palace.