ADK New High Peaks Trail Map should be in every backpack leaving any trailhead!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSpruce

Reaction score
HP.MAP.jpg

Trails of the Adirondack High Peaks map recently published by ADK is a must for anyone planning to step in the Park! Simply the best I have ever seen, it's accurate, of durable quality, detailed without being busy, of high quality print, etc. Tony Goodwin, the editor, put all of his fabulous knowledge not only of the High Peaks Mountains and Trails but of what a hiker needs to know to guide himself during a walk in the woods. There is nothing like it out there, we are not only thankful but very lucky he dedicated countless hours over many months to this map!

I agree with Black Spruce .... best map ever for the ADKs. I've found it invaluable in planning recent trips.

1st edition sold our a while ago. 2nd edition in stock a week ago. 2nd edition has much clearer color delineation of public and private land which is a big help for our out of area residents AND for off trail hikers for the ADK 100 and other bushwhacks.

Last edited:
How would you compare this map to the Nat Geo ones? Those are usually the ones I have always used throughout the US.

MUCH better. For one, all the 46er peaks are named on the map (NatGeo missed a few ...). Second, all mileages are shown. Third, the bushwhack peaks (unmarked trails) are all shown on this map. Worth every penny. :)

Map was designed to improve on shortcomings of the NG maps. Instead of ADK providing Nat'l Geo with ability to use ADK's map info, the new ADK High Peaks trail map was designed from the ground up with the master, Tony Goodwin, leading the effort.