Mtnpa RIP

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike was one of the best. I remember how welcoming he and Ginnie were when I first started hiking with some VFTT'ers a decade or so ago. A tragic loss, and my condolences to Ginnie and the rest of his family.

I met Mike (MtnPa) and Mtnmama at a VFTT Boston beer night 11 years ago and ran into him on the trails from time to time after that. I always enjoyed running into him. Always thought he was a great guy.

Mike was part of the SAR team that brought my best friend off Peak Above The Nubble (PAtN) when he died of a heart attack while hiking. Mike, being a friend, was there for me. His understanding, compassion and calming influence kept my sanity that day and I will always be grateful. Three months later, a group of us did a memorial hike for my friend on PAtN. Mike stopped by the trailhead to wish us all good luck. Was very touched by that. In short, he was one of the classiest people I have ever met.

Only ran into Mike a couple times after that, but enjoyed both occasions.

My sincere condolences to his family and closest friends.

Marty

Very sad.
I think I only met him and MtnMaMa once at a gathering.
I used to PM her and Marc H. on our shared Birthdays.
It's a great loss to MA, NH, the local SAR and Hiking community.
Horrible tragedy for his wife.

friends and family will be gathering near the summit of Cannon this saturday around noon to celebrate the life of MtnPa ...

after the summit gathering, we'll gather near the base of Cannon Mountain in the tram lot, ~ 1:30 - 4:30 ... pot luck food beverages etc ...