Flume & Liberty via Flume Slide up and Liberty Spring down – 10/3/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazySage

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 10/3/15

Trails: Franconia Notch Bike Path, Flume Slide, Franconia Ridge, and Liberty Spring Trails

Conditions: The bike path is everything that a bike path should be: gentle and well-paved. The lower part of the Liberty Springs Trail is everything that an approach route should be: gentle and rocky. The lower portion of the Flume Slide Trail has at least 2 significant blowdowns which require walking around in the woods. Water was high so stream crossings were a little tricky. The slide itself is a mess of bypasses to the right and to the left :( The Franconia Ridge Trail from Flume to Liberty is well-maintained. Liberty Springs Trail is in good shape. Leaves haven’t fallen yet, so it’s still easy to see the path.

Special Equipment Required: Still early Fall in the mountains. Perhaps add some more insulation to your pack, but no special equipment needed beyond the 10 essentials. Columbus Day weekend is usually when I plan to migrate my microspikes from my gear closet to my car, adding them to my pack if conditions warrant.

Comments: Each week the leaves are changing color and the air is getting cooler. Fall is moving in and so are the leaf-peepers.

Jen English

jenglish one at worcester dot edu

Last edited: