Accessing Spaulding Mtn from Sugarloaf ski area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone use fire wardens trail in winter? Is there road access on that side or is it all a ski in?

They rebuilt the bridges over rapid stream this past year, so that is a huge difference (those were difficult/impossible crossings without the bridges). In late December 2015 we were able to get a F150 to the summer trailhead, and we were able to (very, very, very carefully) get a Prius to the bridges (with some bottoming out along the way).

I heard that they're plowing the road back there for logging, so even with more snow, I think you would be fine getting within a half mile of the summer trailhead with a higher clearance vehicle (subaru or bigger).

They rebuilt the bridges over rapid stream this past year, so that is a huge difference (those were difficult/impossible crossings without the bridges). In late December 2015 we were able to get a F150 to the summer trailhead, and we were able to (very, very, very carefully) get a Prius to the bridges (with some bottoming out along the way).

I heard that they're plowing the road back there for logging, so even with more snow, I think you would be fine getting within a half mile of the summer trailhead with a higher clearance vehicle (subaru or bigger).

That's good to know. I hiked there this fall and the new bridges were great. I think it could be a fun ski up there on the summit. Maybe even stay a night in the rock shelter

Last year (13 months ago), we had no troubles with parking for the FWT up Abe. Gotta love the Subaru Forester and Jeep ;) This year, the same two vehicles made it 1 mile down the Stratton Brook Road... to the point where cars are prohibited from going further.

166706_1042586295764619_4279783824730146967_n.jpg

Tim

That is great to know Tim, my Pilot should have no trouble. Ill be heading there soon! Thanks again.