Mountain Pond Loop and Slippery Brook Trailheads in Winter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailbagger

Reaction score
Does anyone know how far one can drive up Slippery Brook Rd. before it is gated for winter? How much road walking to the Mountain Pond Loop trailhead? Does anyone hike Mountain Pond Loop and/or Slippery Brook Trail in winter?

parking to access this area in winter is on town hall road not far beyond where the houses end. i don't know the mileage in from rt 16, but can tell you from the winter parking it is about 3 miles to mountain pond trail and roughly another mile to the start of slippery brook trail. the parking area is quite large and said to be very popular with snowmobilers who share the road with foot traffic. once the road is open for snowmobiles i believe they open the gate, but it was closed when i was there earlier this winter (and based on this winter i am betting it still is). mountain pond appeared to be a popular destination, but no tracks beyond that to slippery brook trailhead.