Owls Head to Garfield to Galehead hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Reaction score
I searched everywhere & can't seem to find anything about this route. Maybe it's not a very popular option but it's something I'm considering. Has anyone here tried this? I'd like to hear your thoughts, experiences, etc.

Thanks! What did you mean by a few sections might be tedious for newbies? Boring? Flat & boring?

The section of Lincoln Brook Trail between the Owl's Head Slide and 13 Falls has, in the past, been under-maintained and challenging to follow. That is much less the case now (or it was last summer.) However, there are still a few sections where less experienced hikers might have to stop and think. In other words, it's not a cruise control hike, but if you're paying careful attention, you won't lose the trail.

Tim

Also I noticed a pretty decent gap in moving vs total time... Was this just taking longer breaks at certain points?

Yes, breaks, sorry - I didn't really re-read the note carefully and put the moving time down (Strava only really counts the moving time, which is not what I record in my hiking records, but it was there already so I used it.)

Tim