Mt Marcy 4-16-16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkmatter

Reaction score
Spring was certainly in the air and out of the three times I have been on the summit of Mt Marcy (Including in July) this was by far the best conditions I ever had. What a great weekend. Sun was shinning bright and the trail was in good shape most of the day with the crazy mud only appearing low on the mountain during the hike out. Micro spikes were more than enough to get us through the day and only really needed halfway up the mountain.

Full report and many pictures at the link below...

https://operationalaska30.com/2016/04/22/trip-report-mt-marcy-adirondacks-ny-4-16-16/

Excellent report! I loved Marcy when I did it in August 2011. Great views, scenery, and company. Marcy Dam really stuck out in my mind, though. The campers, the views, the lake- it all added to the aura, so to speak. It is also, to date, the longest hike I've done with my Dad (14.8 mi). He'll never forget that one, I'm sure ;) .

Tell me about it! I took some new ADK hikers with me and warned them with plenty of doom and gloom about snow and ice etc and it turned out like this. They thought I was a big liar. Although now this storm serves to prove my point!