Missing hiker. Pinkham Notch. Search is on. (Updated with sad ending)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The article also didn't clarify (or if it did I didn't pick up on it) if the search had ended when it was reported he was seen on the road in Gorham. Were they still looking or did a random hiker come across the body? Real bummer if they called off the search on a bogus sighting when they might have still found him.

I saw more than one missing persons poster in Gorham after that report came out, so the signage was still up and visible.

And to TJN's point, yes the timeline works for that possibility, especially if he was simply staying in Gorham.

I saw more than one missing persons poster in Gorham after that report came out, so the signage was still up and visible.

And to TJN's point, yes the timeline works for that possibility, especially if he was simply staying in Gorham.

What I meant was were they still searching in the woods around Pinkham Notch based on the initial report or were they looking for him in and around Gorham where he was supposedly last seen (and whether that meant SAR stopped looking and it was now a police matter). I was just wondering if the sighting in Gorham misdirected the effort when he was in the woods the whole time.

What I meant was were they still searching in the woods around Pinkham Notch based on the initial report or were they looking for him in and around Gorham where he was supposedly last seen (and whether that meant SAR stopped looking and it was now a police matter). I was just wondering if the sighting in Gorham misdirected the effort when he was in the woods the whole time.

Got ya.....and I agree that would be a shame if that happened.

I am just adding the point that the signage was still up after the report came out he had allegedly been seen. I did a double take because I had assumed this had ended well.....I am interested in details on this one if they come out.