A few heads up for those heading north of the notches ths summer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
A few things for folks heading north of RT 2 to be aware of this summer and fall

Hutchins Street that is the access to Success Pond Road is scheduled to be rebuilt early this summer. Expect delays especially during the week. I don't expect that access to Success Pond Road will go away but it could be harder than normal to find.

RT 16 north of down town Berlin is scheduled to be rebuilt in its entirety. Expect delays and slow traffic. This is a popular "shortcut" to the Rangeley lakes area and I expect it will be less of one this year.

Ride the Wilds - the large ATV network is open this week until late fall. There are activities many weekends and they frequently are filling up motel and campground spaces in the region. On some of the more popular weekends, ATVs folks are staying in the North Conway area as the local facilities are booked up. Many but not all of the local roads in towns north of RT2 allow ATVs on the roads. There are still several hiker specific facilities for those who need a room in the area that I expect wont be affected by the ATV rider demand, like Hikers Paradise, The Barn,and the hikers hostels in Shelburne