Bike Week Reminder

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Bike Week has started. Best to avoid the lakes region and route 16. Starts this weekend and ramps up all week. The long range forecast is good (which is rare for bike week) so I expect plenty of folks will be attending.

Bike Week has started. Best to avoid the lakes region and route 16. Starts this weekend and ramps up all week. The long range forecast is good (which is rare for bike week) so I expect plenty of folks will be attending.

Thanks for the heads up! Does it go through next weekend too?

Yes. Carla, it does. Pinkham Notch would be a good place to avoid , especially on Saturday 6/18. There is a huge footrace on Mt Washington in the AM, and by the time the auto road opens for traffic at 1 PM, the usual scenario involves traffic backed up on either side of Great Glen. I've seen it backed up to the entrance to Wildcat C lot.

It just started today, Sun June 12th. Pretty noisy on the Kanc today, but it's going to be hell week for hikers and naturalists next weekend, when events are in full force. Tip - bikers run on food. That means a loooong breakfast. So get off the trail by about 10:30 pm, get in your car and turn the tunes up, you might be OK. On secon thought, just go hiking in VT or ME or stay home, fire up youtube, they have some really 3-hour nice clips of birds chirping.

I know you don't care, but for this week, you should probably read this: http://laconiamcweek.com/schedule-of-events/

Oh, and if you have an aversion to being surrounded by about 20 badass bikers in your tiny hiker mobile, best you not bother. No road will be safe, local or highway. I remember one year making the trip from Franconia to Boston. If you think one bike makes a lot of noise, wait till you hear a pack of twenty all around you. I must have been swarmed 30 or 40 times on the way back. But lest you think they are all badass, it ain't true. Lots of really lovely peeps, grandparents, chicks, old guys. But they really should watch how much they eat!

Last edited: