400/770

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpencerVT

Reaction score
I have made it to 400 peaks out of my goal of all 770 mountains above 3000' in the Northeast. Solidly past the halfway point now.
Been averaging 100 peaks a year, quite an awesome adventure. "When you get to the top of the mountain, keep climbing"

Good progress. I enjoyed when I could get 8 in a weekend. Something motivating about 1% jumps.

When we coined the term 770 I knew it would not be a precise total but more of a nickname... as we knew of the marginal peaks, and there was the reluctance to drop the traditional peaks without col (s Hancock Emmons donaldson etc). and there were the few that we missed on the list and were found later by peer review. I always knew it would be dynamic as the 451 had a similar experience.

Thank you John (and Dennis) for keeping me busy on weekends for years now while I march through your list. Hahaha :)
I am saving Maine for last. Those drives are going to be tough.
God willing, hope to see you all atop Sunday River in a few years to celebrate.

I love hiking and exploring these 770. I look forward to hiking all week. I'd rather be in the thickest of conifers tackling marsh, ledge and blowdown than in a crowded shopping strip mall box store Dawn of the Dead hellscape any day!