Giant and Rocky Ridge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sikes

Reaction score
After the Santanoni's yesterday, we decided on Giant and Rocky Ridge. 6/26/16 Why? I don't know...We took the shorter trail (can't remember the name right now...shorter but nice views on the ledges as you go up). It was a warm one. We tried not to go too fast to keep from over heating plus we were tired from yesterday. Matthew loved the views on the ledges as we went up. It is quite beautiful. We made it to Giant and ahhhhhh the wonderful breeze. It was actually a little chilly. haha. We were just sweating a few minutes ago and then brrr. I wasn't complaining. It felt great. We relaxed up there for a good hour just enjoying the views and resting. Then off to Rocky Ridge. I forgot how it really just drops on slabs at the beginning. I had my sneakers on because my feet were beat up from my boots the day before. I was concerned that I would slip but we took our time and got day. We had plenty of time to get over to the other peak. We made it over in an hour. Time to snack and watch "tv" as Matthew said. What a nice day. That summit, the temperature was perfect without the jacket. After a nice break, we headed back down and over so we could get home at a descent time. I love Giant and Rocky Ridge. So pretty.

Last edited: