Coyotes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be. Biggest difference between dog and coyote prints is the pattern: coyotes typically trot in straight lines, back foot print falling exactly in the front foot print to minimize work in the snow (how do they DO that at 10-15 mph??). Dogs get distracted and their prints are more all over the place.

Could be. Biggest difference between dog and coyote prints is the pattern: coyotes typically trot in straight lines, back foot print falling exactly in the front foot print to minimize work in the snow (how do they DO that at 10-15 mph??). Dogs get distracted and their prints are more all over the place.
I always learn something new, and this is pretty interesting! I thought that it would be surprising if that was a dog since the animal ran quite a long distance (at least few miles) through open woods without an owner. I have only one picture with multiple paw prints:
DSC00168.jpg

I believe these are coyote tracks as well. Pic taken on knoll above the hunters camp South Fork Boquet River.IMG_5515.jpg