Wright, Algonquin, Iroquios

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sikes

Reaction score
Weather was perfect for these 3. We started from Loj. The trail was mostly dry. I was concerned because they had gotten rain the day before but the rock slabs were dry for the most part.

We hit Wright first since it was on .4 from the junction. We visited the plane wreckage. Matthew really enjoyed exploring around there. It is very interesting to read the plaque. The summit was windy and chilly but we just dropped below some rocks and enjoyed the clouds as they were lifting off the peaks around us.

Back down to the junction and up to Algonquin we went. Lots of slabs and constant up but it was worth every step. We sat up there for quite a while just taking in the views and watching all the ladybugs land on us. The person up there said they were eating our salt. Interesting. She also pointed out the Vermont peaks that we could see today. I didn't realize it but I burnt my scalp from the sun. We had our jackets on and I wasn't even thing of that. Should have brought a hat.

We headed over to Iroquois for peak number three. You have to remember not to take the yellow arrow that points trail. Iroquois is "unmarked". I heard the girl say it to several people and remembered from my previous hike over there. Someone was standing at the point when we got there and I missed it but quickly caught it as we started to descend too much. We turned ourselves and got on the right path. Even though Iroquois is not as tall as Algonquin, it was still pretty.

It was time to head back and out the way we came. Great day to be out in the ADK's.

My other 2 are now 22 and 24 and are working and going to school. I'm trying to get Adam to carve out some time in his busy life to come hike with us. He assures me he will. He prefers to hike with his friends. :(

Matthew is trying to beat Beth for finishing so is very motivated. haha. She gets so mad when he tells her he's going to beat her. I think it's funny. It's fun to be back hiking in NY again. We are really enjoying ourselves. Miss all my old hiking friends.