Looking for Co-Adopter for Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been the USFS trail adopter for the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail for the past 7 years. It's an honor to help maintain what is simply an awesome and classic trail on Mount Washington/Monroe. It has beautiful woods, long stretches along the river, stunning waterfalls, Gem Pool, and ravine slabs to climb. The trail runs from the USFS lot (on the base road to Marshfield Station) to Lakes of the Clouds Hut and also has a 0.3 mile side trail from Marshfield Station to access the main trail a mile up from the lower lot. All told, the trail consists of about 3.3 miles +/- a tenth when the side trail is included.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to adequately maintain the entire trail without help and am looking for anyone who may be interested in taking on the upper parts of the trail. I have been able to keep the first mile and side trail fairly well maintained, but have been unable to get to the second mile for work this year. The upper mile often needs very little due to its steepness. Some brushing here and there is about it. The second mile can use the help.

If you are interested, please contact me by message or post here. Thanks.