Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADK Question

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    So what about the other 90%?
    I agree with skiguy, we should probably get rid of most laws (e.g. murder, theft, arson, etc...) because honestly, those infractions aren't committed by 90% of the population.
    Warning: BigNSlow may not actually be all that slow

Quote Originally Posted by bignslow View Post
    I agree with skiguy, we should probably get rid of most laws (e.g. murder, theft, arson, etc...) because honestly, those infractions aren't committed by 90% of the population.
    I hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise you are misinterpreting what I was trying to infer. All I was inferring was that as much as a lot of us have had some not so nice experiences with dogs on the trail there are awesome dogs out there. I agree there should be plenty of rules for canines. I also think it is important to understand that these rules are not the same everywhere. Unfortunately this has always been a heated topic of debate here and probably always will be. Personally I try to keep an open mind and understand that the rules are different depending upon where you hike. I also try to keep an open mind and be positive about the situation when I encounter canines on the trail.
    Last edited by skiguy; 05-12-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    I hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise you are misinterpreting what I was trying to infer. All I was inferring was that as much as a lot of us have had some not so nice experiences with dogs on the trail there are awesome dogs out there. I agree there should be plenty of rules for canines. I also think it is important to understand that these rules are not the same everywhere. Unfortunately this has always been a heated topic of debate here and probably always will be. Personally I try to keep an open mind and understand that the rules are different depending upon where you hike. I also try to keep an open mind and be positive about the situation when I encounter canines on the trail.
    Sorry for the snark, I clearly misinterpreted.

I'm in the same camp, dogs are awesome, the owners are usually the issue :-)

Tillson, New York Avatar: Dress for success!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignslow View Post
    Sorry for the snark, I clearly misinterpreted.

I'm in the same camp, dogs are awesome, the owners are usually the issue :-)
    Who knew Cannon looked like that! (avatar comment) ;-)
    Tom Rankin
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO
    Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rankin View Post
    Who knew Cannon looked like that! (avatar comment) ;-)
    Sigh... fixed.