Witherly RAvine Baxter anyone been?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat in January

Reaction score
So you can see part way up this from Kidney and Owl i think and I have passed by where I know it is when traversing across the table lands towards the Saddle.

Much better going up to sort out what is what I imagine.

Searched the site and now information. Although interestingly I found some on the Klondike which is even farther afield.

I know some might not want to publish bushwhacks especially with the greater pressure the national monument will being, but feel free to send on a pm.

Pure speculation from maps and aerial views:

There's a band of deciduous trees along the south bank of the stream, that starts about 700m from where the AT turns away from the stream, and continues to a point due south of the Owl cliff. After that is about half a kilometer that looks really thick, choked between the Owl and a spur of Katahdin. Once the stream turns, the streambed is wide enough that you should be able to follow it with dry feet. It gets steep, similar to the old Abol trail but probably less stable.

Obviously, on the scale I'm looking, there could be "small" gulches, waterfalls, etc that I just don't see.

Last edited: