Big Activites in NH next Weekend - RZR ATV Fest and Nascar race

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
A reminder that this upcoming weekend has two major events in the region that could impact tourist accommodations and traffic. In the Berlin/Gorham area there is the Polaris RZR ATV festival on Friday and Saturday with travel to the event on Thursday and travel away on Sunday. The optimistic promoters claim five to ten thousand ATVs and their accompanying trucks trailers and campers from all over the east coast.

The NH motor speedway has a Nascar weekend which usually impacts RT 16 and I93.

I expect the combination of the events is going to make for heavy traffic on Sunday.

By the way its also the early leaf season in the whites.

Probably a nice weekend to work on summits in Maine ;)

Scottish Highland games in Lincoln, this weekend. Couldnt figure out why traffic was backed up on 93, but I did get my season WMNF window sticker/pass and climbed my first NH 4k'er so the traffic wasnt too bad.

I went by one of the ticket locations today in Gorham for the ATV Festival, they had an army of folks with marked out lanes for folks to wait in line and covered canopies to handle a quite a crowd. I expect the crush will come in this evening and then all day tomorrow given that the weather forecast for Friday is marginal.

People stream out after the last big race. I've found it best to hang around up north and come back around 7-8pm. Stress-free and you get more time in the mountains, or at least at the bar... :)