Lost pass

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE WINTER WONDERER

Reaction score
has anybody ever bushwhacked from the sleepers down thru lost pass to flat mt. pond ...what was the woods like... I.e. thick, open, was the terrain steep (doesn't look like it on the map).... any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

We actually skied from Lost Pass to the Sleepers, following the route of the old Woodbury Trail, so bushwacking down shouldn't be that bad. Of course, the route is long abandoned, hard to find, and quite grown in, so I would plan on an off-trail bushwack most of the way. Have fun!

Yup - that's me - done a couple times in the last month or so but NOT from the Sleepers. I tried from the sleepers last year (or 2 - ?) and ran into a HUGE beaver swamp where the trail should have been. If I looked for a cut-in west of the actual Woodbury Trail junction near Downes Brook Trail, it looked too thick. It's on my short list from the Sleepers however.

http://www.franklinsites.com/losthikingtrails/viewtrail.php?id=22

Ancient VFTT history was a trip set up by an early member Peter Miller from the Wonalancet area to Flat Mtn Pond with a bypass to a burned over logging camp. We then headed north to along the old railroad siding to Lost Pass and then a climb out via backcountry ski trails to Waterville valley to an awaiting Shuttle Bus.