Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Count to ten before ditching that Hike Safe card

Quote Originally Posted by sardog1 View Post
    It is incomprehensible that you continue to say this. There's nothing "unclear" about any language here.
    It's not that hard to comprehend.

Again, I'll point out I'm not talking about the language as written but the intent to remove the GOOJF component moving forward.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life.
    We are but one thread within it.
    Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
    All things are bound together.
    All things connect.
    ~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~

If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    It's not that hard to comprehend.

Again, I'll point out I'm not talking about the language as written but the intent to remove the GOOJF component moving forward.
    Oh, those pesky facts. They're so inconvenient when it comes to polemics:

"We’re just looking for help overall. We’ve got a fairly difficult budget ahead of us for the next two years and whatever help we can get from the public will help us provide the public services people want. We certainly don’t want to be leaving people out there. This is a service that goes to a lot of folks in the course of a year. We spend a lot of time at it and just like most things these days, it simply costs money."

N.H. Fish & Game Hopes 'Hike Safe' A Rescue From Budget Shortfall

So F&G launched the program, advertises its availability constantly and has never ONCE stated or implied an intention "to remove the GOOJF component moving forward". Or do you actually have some evidence to the contrary?
    sardog1

"Å! kjære Bymann gakk ei stjur og stiv,
    men kom her up og kjenn eit annat Liv!
    kom hit, kom hit, og ver ei daud og lat!
    kom kjenn, hot d'er, som heiter Svevn og Mat,
    og Drykk og Tørste og det heile, som
    er Liv og Helse i ein Hovedsum."

-- Aasmund O. Vinje, "Til Fjells!"

Quote Originally Posted by sardog1 View Post
    Oh, those pesky facts. They're so inconvenient when it comes to polemics:

"We’re just looking for help overall. We’ve got a fairly difficult budget ahead of us for the next two years and whatever help we can get from the public will help us provide the public services people want. We certainly don’t want to be leaving people out there. This is a service that goes to a lot of folks in the course of a year. We spend a lot of time at it and just like most things these days, it simply costs money."

N.H. Fish & Game Hopes 'Hike Safe' A Rescue From Budget Shortfall

So F&G launched the program, advertises its availability constantly and has never ONCE stated or implied an intention "to remove the GOOJF component moving forward". Or do you actually have some evidence to the contrary?
    My comments are based on a conversation I had earlier this month with a person involved in the process. I do not believe he would mind me sharing my understanding as stated in earlier posts, but that said, I'll not comment on it further here.

Suffice it to say, I will be paying attention to changes in the language of this law in the relatively near term and buying the card remains a way of supporting S&R in NH regardless of the interpretation of the law.

It will be interesting to see the response to your question if you get one. Good luck.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life.
    We are but one thread within it.
    Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
    All things are bound together.
    All things connect.
    ~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~

The answer to FAQ 4 should make it perfectly unclear: http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/safe/index.html

The top paragraph reads "An individual may still be liable for response expenses if they are deemed to have recklessly, negligently or intentionally created a situation requiring an emergency response."

Are they taking away the only advantage to buying a card?
    Last edited by jfb; 12-22-2016 at 10:48 AM.

'Springtime' on the Carters (Somerville, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    The answer to FAQ 4 should make it perfectly unclear: http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/safe/index.html

The top paragraph reads "An individual may still be liable for response expenses if they are deemed to have recklessly, negligently or intentionally created a situation requiring an emergency response."

Time to launch a S&R mission for the Oxford comma...
    | 61.0% W48: 19/48
    Trail Adopter of the Guinea Pond Trail (Pemi District)

If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post

No, "they" are blundering. The statute hasn't been changed in this regard. I will send another message - without the Oxford comma, which has been serially missing for some time now in most writing.
    Last edited by sardog1; 12-22-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    sardog1

"Å! kjære Bymann gakk ei stjur og stiv,
    men kom her up og kjenn eit annat Liv!
    kom hit, kom hit, og ver ei daud og lat!
    kom kjenn, hot d'er, som heiter Svevn og Mat,
    og Drykk og Tørste og det heile, som
    er Liv og Helse i ein Hovedsum."

-- Aasmund O. Vinje, "Til Fjells!"