Saying goodbye to an old friend...Terra T Traildog Oct 13 2003-November 15 2016

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss of such a good friend that traveled so many journeys with you. As a huge dog person, I know how hard it is to say so long. My thoughts are with you and those whose lives Terra touched. Run free Terra!

Such sad news. My thoughts are with you. Terra lived a good life, lucky girl.
I miss her, the thought of her when she and my Charlie met on Isolation.
Peace.
In sympathy...

I remember Terra well. From our first meeting in the col between the Kinsmans along with Orca to the heights of Carrigan to the Flags on the 48 on Isolation. She ran with the wind, worked with a purpose--keeping her flock together, never taking her eyes off her mistress looking for the slightest command. She was a joy to watch in action and loved every moment she spent out in the mountains. She blessed your life and I know you blessed hers. Time doesn't completely heal all wounds. I still choke up a bit thinking of Duffy and Lauky and others before them, but life goes on, there are more trails to hike, more mountains to climb and more wonderful times to be spent with our incomparible four legged companions.

Last edited:
Thanks so much, Ed . I forgot about the Kinsmans - that was New Year's Eve 2006 or '07. I think we also saw you on Pico - but didn't recognize eachother from VfTT until later on.

Thanks so much, Ed . I forgot about the Kinsmans - that was New Year's Eve 2006 or '07. I think we also saw you on Pico - but didn't recognize each other from VfTT until later on.

I remember well the encounter on Pico. It was the moment that Duffy and I finished the 100 highest. Here is the picture you took of us at that time.

Last edited:
Sabrina, just saw this. I've followed Terra's hikes for years in trip reports and photos. "Hug your trail doggies tight. There is just never enough time on Earth with them". You are so right. My deepest condolences.

Sorry to hear... I'm entering your zone with my "Pemi".... 11 years now ...4 th Golden Retriever I've owned.. first 3 went at 10 11 9 1/2... this guy is doing good so far hiking,et but I'm on edge enjoying every moment with him.. going to be hard to replace him... my sons are very far away and hardly see them (Maui very expensive and they don't have bucks either) so Pemi is my buddy... hiking since a baby with me. I'll get another but it will be a PIA.. just can't go to Walmart and pick one up..
No more rescues for me.. had many many of them over the years but now need the temperament,obedience,ease of care and health of a good Golden line..at my age.
A puppy and this Xmas
Pemi Cherry Pone.jpgxmas2016 (2).jpg

Sorry to hear... I'm entering your zone with my "Pemi".... 11 years now ...4 th Golden Retriever I've owned.. first 3 went at 10 11 9 1/2... this guy is doing good so far hiking,et but I'm on edge enjoying every moment with him.. going to be hard to replace him... my sons are very far away and hardly see them (Maui very expensive and they don't have bucks either) so Pemi is my buddy... hiking since a baby with me. I'll get another but it will be a PIA.. just can't go to Walmart and pick one up..
No more rescues for me.. had many many of them over the years but now need the temperament,obedience,ease of care and health of a good Golden line..at my age.
A puppy and this Xmas
View attachment 5762View attachment 5763

Aw, I have a Pemi, also. She will be six in june, it seems like yesterday she was a pup.