Nansen Ski Jump Video update 1-16-2017

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeRmudfun

Reaction score
If you are ever up north on rt 16 just north of the Berlin line, that's not a new ski jump, it's the old original one being restored! :D
We were contacted a while back by the company restoring the ski jump. The owner had seen our video from 2012 and kept us in the loop on the progress. Last week he told us that the jump was done. They are also going to be restoring the Judges Stand this spring. According to him it, ”It took 6 weeks, 34 tons of lumber, 6 massive dumpsters, and a lot of hard work.”
We went up to see it again last Monday and updated our video. The company did a great job. The brush was cleared last year and it really sticks out now, like it should. We love abandoned places and this one did have a certain mystique to it hidden in all the overgrowth, but there is a lot of history behind this jump and it is finally getting the recognition it deserves, in our opinion. The plan is to make the area into a public park, so the new generation can see the glory this jump once had.
There is an access road to get to the top, but Cheryl and I have never been known for taking the easy way, so we followed the old remains of the original old stairs up the short but steep side of the hill that houses the jump.
Hopefully this February, Sarah Hendrickson (1st female Olympian Ski Jumper) will be making a jump from this ski jump. It all has to do with the weather and as of last Monday, there was no snow on the jump at all. We are hoping to also be there to see her make the jump.
We couldn’t have ask for a better day to go and check it out, blue, blue sky, no wind and the sun was warm. The views were really great too.

UPDATE: We just heard that snow making operations are set to begin next week for the Feb jump

Last edited:
Thank you for this video. My family was involved with the ski jump back in the day and it has been exciting to see it get restored. What I didn't know was that Red Bull was going to have Sarah Hendrickson jump it! Anyone know if there is a date for the event?