Bridge construction route 16 Conway

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always turn left at the intersection before and go over the old covered bridge to save a few miles. This was the original route when I lived in Conway. However I feel that if too many cars started taking this route that they would restrict it somehow.

Can anyone report how this is working out? I would have thought it made more sense to route 16S traffic across the covered bridge and have 16N traffic use the southbound lane to cross the Route 16 bridge. As it stands now, northbound traffic will back up at the West Side Road light to turn left and then again when taking a left to get back on 16N. Why have a cross pattern rather than a parallel pattern?

Can anyone report how this is working out? I would have thought it made more sense to route 16S traffic across the covered bridge and have 16N traffic use the southbound lane to cross the Route 16 bridge. As it stands now, northbound traffic will back up at the West Side Road light to turn left and then again when taking a left to get back on 16N. Why have a cross pattern rather than a parallel pattern?

That will only happen for those who specifically know about the covered bridge. Otherwise the signage will direct all northbound traffic to continue straight through the Conway lights to route 302, which is the official northbound detour, thus avoiding a crossing traffic pattern. We'll see how it works out!

Ah, I see. So the official NB detour will be 302. Funny. I think enough folks know about the covered bridge though. Thx.

Ah, I see. So the official NB detour will be 302. Funny. I think enough folks know about the covered bridge though. Thx.

If many people use the covered bridge NB there will clearly be congestion and delays at the bridge, since it only has a single lane. So it is certainly hoped that drivers will want to keep moving along by using the recommended 302 detour. If there is severe congestion at the covered bridge I suspect there will measures taken to limit usage to essential traffic or perhaps "local traffic only".

Last edited: