Success Pond Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurous

Reaction score
How soon is Success Pond Road passable after it snows? I didn't get out there in December and am hoping to do Goose Eye via the Goose Eye Trail this Saturday. I know it'll be a lot of trail breaking but my concern is whether the road will be passable or not.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Took a ride up a short time ago..it had not been plowed from yesterday's snow, but we got maybe 4-6 inches...I was able to drive to trailhead in my Tacoma P U...had to use 4 wheel drive to get up the first hill on the way in and out, other than that made it easy...I have some time later and will see if any plowing has taken place...

Thanks for checking!! I decided to stay home because I'm coming down with a cold or flu. Breaking trail to Goose Eye would surely do me in.

Feel better!! Success Pond Road should be good for most of the winter/spring season, better even than in 3 season...will keep an eye on it for those interested!!

I'll be heading out there in March for sure. If there's been a lot of snow before I do the hike, I'll check in with you. The info is much appreciated!!

Drove by Success Pond Road and noticed it is gated....information is it will open by May 23 when the ATV trails opens up...I will keep an eye on the gate if it opens earlier...

Hey Lefty E - have you been by Success Pond Road since the recent snow on Christmas? We’re debating attempting Goose Eye on our way from Rangeley to Berlin tomorrow.

Took a ride up last week it was plowed..trails not broken out however...it should be good will check later today, as it is plowed a day or two after storms..

517 PM: road is plowed wide in spots, care to be taken on some bumps and icy ruts..Goose Eye trailhead has room to park along the road for a couple vehicles maybe..someone had snowshoed from the road, no idea how far up!! good luck if you go

Last edited:
Thanks again for the info!! We were pleasantly surprised with the road conditions- much better than in the summer. We enjoyed the hike and successfully reached the summit of Goose Eye. The tracks that you saw went all the way to the summit.