Thread: Success Pond Road

Success Pond Road

How soon is Success Pond Road passable after it snows? I didn't get out there in December and am hoping to do Goose Eye via the Goose Eye Trail this Saturday. I know it'll be a lot of trail breaking but my concern is whether the road will be passable or not.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
    A quote that will probably be stuck in my head forever came from a backpacking trip in 2011. The group consensus was ".2 miles...how bad could it be?" We laughed about that later.

Took a ride up a short time ago..it had not been plowed from yesterday's snow, but we got maybe 4-6 inches...I was able to drive to trailhead in my Tacoma P U...had to use 4 wheel drive to get up the first hill on the way in and out, other than that made it easy...I have some time later and will see if any plowing has taken place...

Thanks for checking!! I decided to stay home because I'm coming down with a cold or flu. Breaking trail to Goose Eye would surely do me in.
    A quote that will probably be stuck in my head forever came from a backpacking trip in 2011. The group consensus was ".2 miles...how bad could it be?" We laughed about that later.

Feel better!! Success Pond Road should be good for most of the winter/spring season, better even than in 3 season...will keep an eye on it for those interested!!

I'll be heading out there in March for sure. If there's been a lot of snow before I do the hike, I'll check in with you. The info is much appreciated!!

Drove by Success Pond Road and noticed it is gated....information is it will open by May 23 when the ATV trails opens up...I will keep an eye on the gate if it opens earlier...

Success Pond Road is open as of 6-1-17...latest date I can recall...