How much snow expected this week up in the Mt. Cabot region?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sematary

Reaction score
Anyone know? I need better links to forecasts. lol
Going (or planning) to hike it with my daughter Saturday. Already planning on snowshoes

Forecast is still moving around for snow totals and just minor change in track could vary snow totals by 6 to 8" but Jefferson/Milan usually is the shadow of the whites with northeasters. It usually gets less than lets say North Conway. There is at least one secondary development on Thursday that could add some additional snow after the big storm. Mix it all up and my guess is 12 to 16" at the base on top of the frozen remnants of the remaining snow pack. Add a foot for elevation If its reasonable weather it should have some folks out on Saturday and given the long range on Friday you may get lucky that someone broke out the trail the day earlier. I expect a lot of folks who had grand plans to finish the winter 48 are not happy about out shift back to winter.

If in doubt the Eye on the Sky by VPR forecast for the Northeast Kingdom of Vt is generally a pretty good forecast for the kilkennys but be will off somewhat as they are farther from the coast.

Be aware that, when you cross back into Berlin from Milan, the condition of the road changes rapidly, right at a slight downhill with a curve. Let's just say I didn't wind up hiking Cabot this weekend and now have a pretty sore neck.

Anyone know? I need better links to forecasts. lol . . .

It looks as though a few of us have tossed you some fish -- here's some guidance on how to actually fish . . .

Just go to forecast.weather.gov. This is the NOAA forecast website. If you're interested in the forecast at a particular point (e.g., Mt. Cabot), just click on Cabot's approximate location on the national map, then the regional map, and finally the point forecast map. Note that you can pan and zoom in and out on this map and click repeatedly to zero in on your target. For example, here's the result for Cabot:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-71.41400430557876&lat=44.506752719746686#.WMbT8YWcEy8

Alex

I can speak for Vermont that we are supposed to get absolutely hammered. Mad River Glen just emailed me predicting 2-3 feet. Awesome! Sugaring season this year is interesting: I had sap runs in February and now it looks like it's going to skip March and then resume in April!

the Hillbilly weatherman (its a thing on my local station WBLM) said this afternoon that "Berlin and north ain't gettin as much as everyone else." he made it sound like there was a line from Berlin north that would only get brushed with this storm and not be in the center of it.

Conveniently, no ski areas make media buys in the area Berlin and north. At some point every weatherman is looking to get eyeballs on their ads. Chaos theory reigns at this point on snowfall totals.

It looks as though a few of us have tossed you some fish -- here's some guidance on how to actually fish . . .

Just go to forecast.weather.gov. This is the NOAA forecast website. If you're interested in the forecast at a particular point (e.g., Mt. Cabot), just click on Cabot's approximate location on the national map, then the regional map, and finally the point forecast map. Note that you can pan and zoom in and out on this map and click repeatedly to zero in on your target. For example, here's the result for Cabot:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-71.41400430557876&lat=44.506752719746686#.WMbT8YWcEy8

Alex

And ... if you know the lat & lons of where your interested in, you can edit the web adress with the new lat /lons and it will get you as close as possible. (dont need all the digits the original digits).
For example; if the adress from the map click is "http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-71.41400430557876&lat=44.506752719746686#.WMcvfVUrLIV" as given above for mt cabot and you edit it to "http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-71.277&lat=44.329" (dont need the rest of the characters) , it will jump to Mt Adams.