Head net for bugs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere Sunday on Facebook or some other forum about a product called White Mountain Bug Repellent. Was a link to their website. All natural, kid safe, etc. Sounded like more of a lotion than a spray with various herbs and whatnot known for having bug repellent properties. Fairly pricey stuff too, I think $15 for a 4oz squirt bottle. Had never heard of it but several people swore by the concoction and it was made in/for NH/New England critters. Anybody ever try this product? Hype or does it work?

It didn't work for me. Just goes to show that how a body's chemistry interacts with various subtances can make a repellant more or less effective. Much like perfume, that may have a different fragrance on different people.

I've noticed that black flies will not get in my eyes if Ihave glasses on. Apparently they come in on a straight trajectory.

BTW, I swear by the two-sided deer fly sticky tape. I have harvested more than 60 in a single hike. Kinda gross, but not a single bite. You just gotta put up with hearing them buzz on the tape. I shed no tears for them.....

It didn't work for me. Just goes to show that how a body's chemistry interacts with various subtances can make a repellant more or less effective. Much like perfume, that may have a different fragrance on different people.

Thanks for the update. I never did get around to looking for this. Probably pass. I've been fortunate to only have two hikes this year where I needed repellent. Those two days were horrendously bad but two times in 25+ hikes is not too shabby. :)