Hillary Step Collapses

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some say it's now an easier climb...with a longer line....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/asia/everest-hillary-step-collapse/

Looks like a potentially false story anyway.

Has anybody posted before and after pictures? I read several articles last night and none had good enough photos to see a difference. I suppose if you were intimately familiar with that area it would be obvious but for me I couldn't find anything definitive to show the change.

Wow. There's a bigger point to be made here. When we talk about something taking a long time, we often employ adjectives like 'glacial' and 'geological'. And yet, in our incredibly short biological lifetimes, we've been chosen to witness the demise of two timeless things that were nothing short of iconic in our thinking -- first, the Old Man, and now, the Step. In terms of actual size, these may be trivial compared to events like Mt. St. Helens losing its top, but contextually for us, no.

Alex

I can picture the Old man of the Mountain sitting at a bar. In walks the Hillary step, the Old Man looks up and says, " Shit you too huh".:eek:

I can picture the Old man of the Mountain sitting at a bar. In walks the Hillary step, the Old Man looks up and says, " Shit you too huh".:eek:

Like it! Anyone seen the fantasy movie "Stardust" where the 7 princes gradually all get killed off and are sitting together in the afterlife?