waist pack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of these? I consider mine essential ! I have easy access to all of my most used items ( camera or phone, granola bars,eye glasses, sun glasses, trail map etc.) mine even has water bottle holders on the sides that I usually fill with Gator Aid. My backpack is smaller than most, and I carry my "just in case" items. It also reduces the weight on my back and distributes the weight more evenly. It also allows me to sometimes leave my backpack at a hut or along the trail if I`m going back the same way.

I wear a belly bag (like a fanny pack but on my front) with compass, whistle, handwarmers, tissues, bug dope, jack knife, ibuprofen and bandaids. I started this one hot June day when I discovered that whenever I stopped, the mosquitos would immediatedly find me, but my bug dope was buried in my pack where it would take too long to dig out.

I carry a small waist pack at the 12 o'clock position, just below the buckle on my backpacks waist belt. Reading glasses, whistle, lighter, bug dope, sunscreen, pocket knife... stuff like that.