Lonesome Lake Trail Closure

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it started June 12.

Yes, and it's more like six weeks.

I came down it Sunday and it's definitely eroding out in the upper sections, starting to look like the Brook trail on Major. Needs the work. Those unfamiliar who might be lurking should be aware that Hi-Cannon is a much rougher trail and they should be prepared for the hike to take substantially longer and require a bit more in the way of footwear.

Yes, and it's more like six weeks.

I came down it Sunday and it's definitely eroding out in the upper sections, starting to look like the Brook trail on Major. Needs the work. Those unfamiliar who might be lurking should be aware that Hi-Cannon is a much rougher trail and they should be prepared for the hike to take substantially longer and require a bit more in the way of footwear.

Weird - in February everything was nice and smooth. Graceful as could be. I like Hi-Cannon, but generally because it's less popular. I'm curious how many people will try to come up Basin-Cascades instead. If the water is low enough at the crossing, it's a beautiful gentle hike.