Worthwhile Blogs To Follow

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some decent blogs or websites that have good articles about general topics in mountaineering, etc? Facebook and a lot of the "mainstream" places like Backpacker and Outdoor seem to just be fluffy crap for people with short attention spans. Looking for in depth content and stories. People on VFTT frequently post links to some pretty interesting, detailed and "legit" sources (for lack of a better word). I follow a lot of the manufacturer pages on Facebook and they link to some really good content. I assume there are blogs or websites that do similar work with organized content on a full time basis but haven't really stumbled across any yet.

Curious what people's go-to websites are for following topics relevant to what we all enjoy, general mountaineering, icons of the sport like Alex Honnold, Ueli Steck, Kilian Jornet, etc, etc.

For anyone not familiar with Chris Dailey's exploits, this is definitely worth a visit.

Two caveats, though:
1. Allow yourself some time... if you click past the landing page you're going to be there w awhile reading his tales...
2. you might want to work up to some of the trips he describes so nonchalantly!

Have fun!

These are great local blogs, some of which I check from time to time and enjoy. As usual, I don't think I was specific enough about what I meant in my original post. I was talking on a more world wide basis about mountaineering/climbing for things such as the Everest climbing season, the exploits of word class mountaineers and their latest projects, the best worldwide hiking destinations, stories about guides and climbers, etc, etc. Not even sure there is such a thing but there are a lot of things I was not aware existed until I joined this group.

For anyone not familiar with Chris Dailey's exploits, this is definitely worth a visit.

Two caveats, though:
1. Allow yourself some time... if you click past the landing page you're going to be there w awhile reading his tales...
2. you might want to work up to some of the trips he describes so nonchalantly!

Have fun!

Very familiar with Chris and his exploits. Was just discussing this in another post. If there is a role model for hiking in New England I'd say he's it. Pretty phenomenal resume.

You could start your own Daytrip......

Thanks for bringing up the topic, I'll look at some of these two. Chris' day-hikes make for some great weekend trips for most of us but love reading what he's up to from time to time.

Summitpost - The forums are much less active now (I blame FB), but there's a very large amount of info there.
Cascade Climbers - Another one of those where some crazy hardcore men and women post feats of daring as if anyone can do it
Mountain Project - More rock climbing focused, but some good route/mountain info
Super topo - AKA The Taco. Almost exclusively rock climbing, but if you want to keep tabs on Honnold, that's the place to do it.

Summitpost - The forums are much less active now (I blame FB), but there's a very large amount of info there.
Cascade Climbers - Another one of those where some crazy hardcore men and women post feats of daring as if anyone can do it
Mountain Project - More rock climbing focused, but some good route/mountain info
Super topo - AKA The Taco. Almost exclusively rock climbing, but if you want to keep tabs on Honnold, that's the place to do it.

Thanks. I'll check these out.