Fuel vendors east of Salt Lake?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jniehof

Reaction score
I realize it's way OT on this site but the only Uintas forum I've found appears dead.

I'm flying into Salt Lake late (9pm) and want to out towards the trailhead early. I need to pick up a fuel canister and matches beforehand. The REI in Salt Lake doesn't open until 9am and the furthest east I can find a vendor is in Park City, which gets me a bit off the highway and doesn't buy a lot of time anyhow. Does anybody know of a place either in SLC and open late (or early) or in, say, Evanston that would carry fuel canisters? SLC's the type of place I might almost wonder if there'd be a place in the airport.

Evil Walmart?

they are everywhere and many are open 24/7. They have everything including canister fuel.

I wound up just leaving SLC later and hitting REI on the way out. There is a Walmart in Evanston; do they actually carry backpacker canisters, not the Coleman propane ones? Website has Coleman-branded butane/propane mix but listed as out of stock online and not available for store pickup (the Jetboil listed is actually a third-party vendor).

i have bought the 'knock off' Jetboil canisters at other locations- they had 2 sizes including the 450 gm size.
I would not put much faith in their inventory tracking system for small items like this.

Last edited: