15-Month Old Out to Set the AT Record

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still dont see how a baby on the AT is unusual or newsworthy. She was carried the entire way and shes not the first.

I found it interesting. No need to read it if you don't.

That is pretty adorable. I can remember taking both of my boys on hikes when they were that age, and they always had a blast. Well, they probably spent at least half the time sleeping on my chest or back (sometimes one on each!), but I'm talking about the other half. :)

Lucky parents (and kid) to have the option to take some number of months away from the grind while their child is young. Those are special memories. Really special.

For me, hiking with my kids has only gotten cooler as they've gotten older (6 and 8 now). No diapers now, they're still snuggly but sleep through the night and then some. They can do a lot on their own. They're much more involved in the entire experience. I'm sure that little girl and her parents have lots of good times in the woods ahead of them. Nice.

I still dont see how a baby on the AT is unusual or newsworthy. She was carried the entire way and shes not the first.

As someone who has thru-hiked the AT, I see it as both unusual and newsworthy. No way in hell I -- and I'd bet 99.9% of thru-hikers -- would have carried a baby/toddler from Georgia to Maine!!

As someone who has thru-hiked the AT, I see it as both unusual and newsworthy. No way in hell I -- and I'd bet 99.9% of thru-hikers -- would have carried a baby/toddler from Georgia to Maine!!

As another former thru-hiker, I wouldn't do it. And as a SB, I wouldn't go Maine to Georgia either! Admirable. Happy baby. Good life ahead. There was a family of 7 thru hiking when I did with some young ones. Not sure how they finished up.

But, shes not the first and not the youngest.

Let me get this straight—if someone isn't breaking a record, then what they're doing isn't interesting? Surely you jest?

And in the event the baby in question is planning a post hike celebration in BSP, please realize binkies are not allowed. There is no "interview process," no "applying", no "special exception," no "legitimate reason." Either the baby sucks a thumb or nothing. Binkies are not allowed.

:D

(In case there's confusion, I'm totally being facetious. I'm not flaming a 15 month old!)

Whats the title of the thread?

It was a joke title. Lighten up Francis.

You can think the story is interesting, or not. Your choice.

Having hiked with an infant, I admire them for taking this on as, personally, it's unfathomable to me.

Having hiked with an infant, I admire them for taking this on as, personally, it's unfathomable to me.

Its not a unique story. People have hiked with infants since time began. I'm sure a few were eaten along the way, but enough survived to continue the species

And dont call me Francis

Then don't read the #$%& thing if you don't find it interesting.....

It was unique to me, and evidently a few others. Shall we qualify what clears for interesting with you prior to new threads being created?

. Who's Francis? Has he broken any records on the AT?

Moderator Note:

I can't believe I have to remind folks to dial it back in a thread about hiking with babies, but here we are. If you can't reply in a civil manner, step outside and enjoy the weather.

Moderator Note:

I can't believe I have to remind folks to dial it back in a thread about hiking with babies, but here we are. If you can't reply in a civil manner, step outside and enjoy the weather.

Lmao, I was thinking the same thing, reading the latest responses. Talk about 1st world problems.:p Personally, I'm not that impressed with the feat, as I consider to be a " Supported Endeavor ''. Now, if they decide at Harpers Ferry, that it's to much and the baby completes the rest on her own, Ill call it interesting and remarkable.