West Mill Brook road condition

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy

Reaction score
Has anybody been down the road from rt. 9 to the 87 underpass into the West Mill Brook area recently? Last time I was there the river crossing was good but the road down to the crossing was starting to erode. We will be driving a 4x4 suburban. We are older guys planning to revisit Wyman, we could hike the extra 2 mi but would prefer not to.

Has anybody been down the road from rt. 9 to the 87 underpass into the West Mill Brook area recently? Last time I was there the river crossing was good but the road down to the crossing was starting to erode. We will be driving a 4x4 suburban. We are older guys planning to revisit Wyman, we could hike the extra 2 mi but would prefer not to.

I was there on Sunday. Made it across the river and to the other side of the Northway in a Forester. Water level is only a few inches. Road near the crossing was fine with loose gravel banks.

Beyond the culvert, road is a little rutted and soft in spots with one big mud wallow encompassing the width the road.

Thanks for the info Rivet, can't wait to get back up into that area. It's one of my favorites