Mahoosuc Range hike Columbus day weekend- anyone interested?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwhack

Reaction score
I'll be doing a three-ish day hike on the Mahoosuc range from Rt 2 in NH to Rt 26 in Maine, and would be happy for any new companions. I'll likely camp out friday night a mile in, get an early start saturday morning. let me know if you are interested in tackling the legendary Mahoosuc Notch and everything else that comes with this thirty mile jaunt. Hoping to get back to my car by mid-day on monday, october 9.

Anybody interested in some camping, scrambling, scraped knees, twelve mile days, and fresh air?

Bushwhack

Made it out alive. That is one heck of a tough trail. I decided to do it in two days instead of three, and that is a decision my legs are suffering the consequences of.

Good idea to get is done before the weather got nasty today. That's cranking, even through hikers usually take three.

Hahaha...I met so many through-hikers whining about how rough that section was. “That was only 9miles!?”

Yep. Two days is damn impressive. My knees are still kinda achy from our hike over Labor Day Weekend.