Hiking with toe spacers?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy

Reaction score
I damaged my feet on a hike back in March. Still not entirely sure what I did wrong. Part of my punishment is the need for a toe spacer. Anybody hike with them? Any tips? The one I use now (squishy foam) tends to move around, so I will have to find something different.

Hiking season starts soon, and I want to be ready.

Gel type moves around less than foam spacers. I used paper tape to lessen blisters, but it didn't work well.

My sense was spacers are compensating for poor fit. I got better fitting boots and stopped using spacers.

Ya, it was probably a poor boot fit that caused the problem back in March, except that I have been using those boots for a over a decade. Might have laced them too tightly that day. I need to separate a coupe of toes more than usual to help with the healing process regardless of what I wear for a while. Yuck.

Will look into the gel type. Thanks.

Try the refill packs for those "swiffer sweepers" (or whatever they are called). Cut to fit as needed. The material is VERY slippery. I have used it in xc ski boots with good results.