Pine Link Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
I never did get around to hitting the Pine Link Trail last year and here we are at the end of another season and I still haven't taken it. It's been lingering on my list as the only route I haven't taken up Madison so I'm thinking of doing a sunrise hike up to Madison via this trail in the next weekend or two before the road closes for the season. Having never done the trail before, is there anything about it that would make it hard to follow in the dark? AMC Guide mentions a lengthy section where the trail is in and out of a brook and I've seen trip reports mention slimy rocks, which might be hard to make out by headlamp. I don't generally do a night hike on a trail I have never done during the day, especially in the Fall when leaves may hide the tread of the trail. I've already done the section of Pine Link from the hut to the Watson Path and will NOT be doing that miserable section again. I'll be turning up Watson Path for the summit.

Appreciate any feedback on this route as a night hike.