Thread: Strava heat map - Acteon Ridge bootleg trail?

Strava heat map - Acteon Ridge bootleg trail?

Folks,

Strava Heat map shows a fairly well defined path coalescing in the woods a bit south of Old Waterville Road and going due south magnetic up to the ridgeline of Acteon Ridge, where it disperses (about 1/2 mile west of Sachem Peak.

Any info on this? Is it a bootleg trail/herd path or just a ghost of past Strava users? Why does it show not starting on Old Waterville Trail, but a bit south? And does it go all the way to Sachem Peak?

Thanks
    Steve H.
    NH4000 1976-1984
    NE4000 1984-1991

I've seen Steve Smith post trip reports for in there many times. Maybe those are his tracks?

http://mountainwandering.blogspot.co...0&by-date=true
    NH 4000 x8, NE 4000 x2, NEHH x1, Presi Traverse x8, Pemi Loop x12, Double Presi Traverse x1, ADK 46 x1.

TrailsNH.com

Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kennebago Divide
    I've been up Sachem many times. One time from the north side. I'm not aware of any bootleg trails from north side. The area is heavily visited by mountain bikers and rock climbers and there are many unofficial trails used by mountain bikers and rock climbers. Having said that - I haven't been over every square foot and there may well be unofficial trail indicated on Strava. I do know of one unofficial trail heading up middle Acteon peak from south and another from west to Yellow Jacket Rock which is used by climber's to access Bald Knob.
    On #67 of NE67
    On #98 of NEHH
    On #44 of WNH48

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." Ogden Nash (1902-1971)