Snow on the ground

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was about 4 inches on the ground when we left Chocorua last night (1am).

Another 10 inches of fluff on top of what was there previously. Its snowshoe time in the north country.

I expect more than a few folks are in for a surprise with their weekend hiking plans. Time to get the snowshoes out.

I was out snowblowing around the yard at noon. Total on the ground is in the 16 to 18 inch range since last week. With the high winds and low temps it looks and feel like winter (which is 8 days from now). No real base yet but get a bit of daytime sun and a cold night and that should lock in the brush.

Definitely winter conditions. I went snowshoeing on my lot across from Appalachia this afternoon. Definitely enough snow in the woods where barebooting would be real PITA.

Went skiing up to Carrabassett Valley this morning. About 8 inches or so on the ground along the Carrabassett River. Trails are groomed for fat bike riding and XC skiing and saw several.of each during the few hours we were out. Cut it short because I was getting a blister forming on my foot. Saw a nice buck drinking from the river. Nice day up there.