Locus Map Pro is on sale until the end of December.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trail Boss

Reaction score
If you have an Android phone and are looking for a top-notch backcountry navigation app, I highly recommended Locus Map Pro. It's on sale for US$3.49 until the end of December. It is also eligible for sharing via Family Library so one license entitles you to install it on all your Android devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.locus.pro

I've been using it extensively for a year and it has a comprehensive feature set, is frequently updated and enhanced, and is well-supported by the development team and a large user-community. My favorite new feature is the ability to perform automatic-routing offline (no internet connection required to calculate a route along trails and/or roads).

You can influence the auto-router's calculations by adding via points (pass through a specific place and announce it during navigation), or shaping points (pass through a specific place but DO NOT announce it during navigation), or no-go points (avoid routing through here). It's a powerful tool for quickly drawing a hiking route and determining its length and elevation gain (and without an internet connection).