How to Wash "Bean" Boots??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Hi all,

My kid showed up with stinky Bean boots this weekend (they smelled A LOT like cat piss) and asked me to fix em.

They are the Gortex/Thinsulate-lined gum rubber type with sewn in liners.

How do you clean and de-louse these puppies? Can you turn the liners inside out and throw the entire boot in the washer?

Help!

cb

Call Beans customer service. I expect they have someone who can answer and if not they will send you new pair.

While I appreciate Bean's policy, why should they send out a new pair? They aren't defective. That's a loss and has to be passed along to someone else to cover.

I worked retail for several years and the amount of returns we were forced to take back to only throw away was staggering. We needed to charge an extra % on every order to cover those costs...then hear from customers that we charged too much.

I could never in good conscience return an item that was not a manufacturer defect.

a box of baking soda dumped into each shoe (perhaps sprinkle some on the outside) and let sit for a few days, then shake out & try the sniff test

I guess I should have added the wink ;).

I am not advocating Bean replacing them but expect the question has been asked before of them and usually with Beans they will have someone who knows how to answer it.

I guess I should have added the wink ;).

I am not advocating Bean replacing them but expect the question has been asked before of them and usually with Beans they will have someone who knows how to answer it.

:) Agree on your other point