Is it safe

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
I hiked the Bonds a few yrs. ago during the summer. I’d like to do Bondcliiff sometime this winter. I’m concerned about the stream crossings. Are they generally frozen over to the point where I can cross over without getting wet?

From what I remember the stream crossings are a total non issue. The first two of the four crossings of black brook are the ones that potentially would be an issue but they are usually frozen over and well snow bridged. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. With the cold and snow so far this year I wouldn't expect they'd be much of an issue.

Edit: Now that I think about it more, I believe the third crossing was somewhat exposed and the rocks were very icy the last time I did it. Wasn't worried about getting wet as much as I was concerned about a hard fall. Be sure to have traction options if the rocks are sticking out and icy. I still wouldn't worry about it though. So many people do that hike that a safe route over all the crossings is usually very obvious.

Last edited: