$10 Parking At Cog Station

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, not for me. I'll front the Cog ten bucks to save a 2 mile winter schlep anytime!

cb

Good point... and worth it not to worry about break in's or whatever ..the Cog will watch out for their customers. That's worth a lot more then $10 to me. And to make it special just stop by the work shop and thank them and tell them your leaving the car there for a day etc and should be back at *** and they'll cover your back for sure.
Some hikers are rude,selfish and just plain not right in the head which gives hikers a bad name.. they'll get a kick out of a "thank you".
And if you have a buddy only $5.. The Cog is one of the finest business's in NH. Because of their ethics of business and the same goes for the employee's that work their.. can't fool around with safety etc.

Has anybody been up the road recently? Kind of thinking about hiking up to Washington since it's suppose to be a beautiful day, but I'm concerned about the road conditions since the rain and snow we've had recently. Car tires are at the end of their life.

i parked in the USFS lot saturday and hiked Washington and Monroe ... would rather buy a USFS parking pass than shell out $ to c*g owners who are collecting donations towards their hotel ... the extra mile on the well-traveled lower Ammo Trail was easy like sunday mornin' ...

Base Road was snowy but easily drivable ...

Ammo Trail was in great shape ... wore hillsounds all day, and carried snowshoes for no apparent reason ... this week's weather could wreak havok upon trails and river crossings in the Whites ...

I have paid the gate attendant many times. But he is not always there. I don't believe the lot 200 yards from the Cog is officially "Hiker" parking. actual Hiker parking is back down the road about 1 mile
I only remember paying $5 bucks no big deal
RVF